What is TRI THE DIRT?
Tri The Dirt Camp usually takes place in April/May. Currently on hold due to Covid.
Tri The Dirt is an OFF-ROAD triathalon training camp with Melanie McQuaid
TRI THE DIRT is for:
- The fresh faced beginner new to triathlon racing who has decided offroad is the coolest
- The seasoned Ironman veteran who is looking to try something a lot more fun
- The tri-curious mountain biker who is secretly coveting the ability to swim and run and is ready to come out and race
- The expert XTERRA racer who wants to dominate the top step of the podium
- Athletes that want to go have the most amazing, killer, train-cation on SWEET SWEET westcoast trails!*
*must be willing to learn some awesome new skills in the process
Tri The Dirt Camp runs on a weekend in May or April. Whether you are a beginner who is just starting your adventures on the dirt or a veteran looking to find more free speed TRI THE DIRT is the camp for you! This is a NON COMPETITIVE skills-based camp. This is not about smashing yourselves with exertion, it is about mindful improvement through better execution. Everyone will improve and will swim/bike/run/transition at their level. The learning environment is positive, fun, and confidence-building. NO ONE GETS DROPPED and NO ONE FEELS LIKE THEY ARE WAITING!
- This camp is skills-based, so all of the training will be focused on technique and every athlete learns from the level they are at.
- The camp will start with a pool session. Sighting, turns, pack swimming, and swimming in a wetsuit are covered.
- Then there will be a run clinic on AGILITY and UP/DOWNHILL running. Mountain bike skills clinics will start with the basics and we will progress to some common maneuvers that incorporate all of the skills.
- Also included in the camp will be a session on nutrition, transitions, and a tech session on suspension and tires.
- You learn skills to tackle whatever your race schedule is throwing at you – roots, rock rolls, hills, and tight corners. All of these obstacles require nailing the basic skills of mountain biking and some good run technique. Mountain bike skills are the main focus of the camp but skills for swimming and running are also addressed.
- Three days with 5x World Champion Melanie McQuaid will equip you with the knowledge of how to train to be better at off-road triathlon.
- Lunch will be provided!
Check back for new camp opportunities!