6 professional Ironman victories and experience coaching age group athletes for the Kona Ironman World Championship.
3 pro World Champion titles in Maui, multiple pro/age group podiums in Maui, 2 pro ITU Cross triathlon titles, men’s 30-34 age group title, multiple first time Worlds qualifiers.. 12 years of offroad coaching to the top level
10 years of professional cycling, on and off road. Experience coaching beginner road cyclists to ride in a pack. Whether your goals are a granfondo, sprint ITU Worlds, or Leadville, the MelRad program can get you there.
Melanie has PMBIA professional mountain bike instruction training and offers skills based instruction for athletes looking to improve their mountain biking. Coaching for all mountain biking from XCO to multiday mountain bike races is available. Melanie has raced and won BC Bike Race, Transrockies 3 day, the Pisgah Stage Race, Canada Cup XC races, and the Cheakamus Challenge. Bring your dirt dreams here!
Without solid technique… you can’t move in the water. Melanie offers swim camps and one on one lessons to help land based humans get more comfy in the water.
Camps are held in Victoria periodically from Friday to Sunday with a variety of focuses depending on the time of year. Next up November 23-25, 2018!
Does your club need a custom camp? Melanie has put on camps for triathlon clubs across Canada… book yours!
Visiting Victoria? Custom training days on the roads and trails that earned many top professional athletes their success. Just need some swim tips? Book time with Melanie one on one.
Melanie personally coaches ALL athletes. All programs suit your unique needs, limits, and personal goals.
- Unlimited email contact to explain and support workouts
- Weekly contact by phone
- Planned testing to analyse how things are going and ensure accurate training zones
- Set-up of an annual training periodization designed around races and priorities
- Determining and addressing physiological limiters and monitoring of progress throughout the season
- Pre/post event support: analysing race outcome, discussing strategies and approaches.
- Discussion of race nutrition and approaches to different courses for both mountain bike and triathlon.
- Sharing detailed knowledge of numerous multiday mountain bike races and how to prepare body and equipment.
- Specific pacing plans for all of your races including wattage recommendations on the bike
Melanie can help you master the mental side of the sport and balance shifting priorities in life. With a personalized Annual Training Plan she will build a program based on 1-4 week cycles to help maximize your strengths and work to minimize your weaknesses. With a BSc in Chemistry and Biochemistry, Melanie has an objective and scientific approach to training methodology.